Via Transylvania Tours was founded in 2011 to help individuals, families and small to medium-sized groups discover the most beautiful and authentic places in Romania and its culture.
One of our previous travelers described our service as a “tour program with soul” because besides the must-see places it included meeting local people and learning about their life and the travel support was provided wholeheartedly. The tour guide helped them make connections between past history and current reality, spoke about personal experiences, told stories of the places they were visiting or simply passing by and maintained an ongoing conversation on a wide range of topics from politics, education, communism, sports, gypsy to environmental issues or heritage conservation. As they were traveling through Romania they could associate with what they were seeing, a story, an explanation, as they were curious to know.
Here are some reasons for organizing a tour with us:
- We help you understand the culture and be part of it
- Get personal support in planning your tour. After an initial inquire we will invite you for a call by phone or Skype to understand well your expectations and from there on we will work with you on your tour until the tiniest detail is clarified.
- Save time. You can also call us a one stop shop as we provide a wide range of tourist services like accommodation, car rental, train tickets, tour guide, transfers. By working with us you save the time of researching and figuring out which itinerary is best, looking for accommodation options and making all the bookings.
- Contribute directly to the local economy. We work with local small business owners so we ensure that the money you spend stays in Romania.
- Competitive price. Being a small business and having lean operations enables us to provide very competitive prices. However, we focus on the quality of the services we provide and we want that our partner service providers get a fair pay so we might not have the lowest price.
- Financial security. Our travel agency operates by respecting the Romanian tourism law and by singing a contract with us, we will agree on the terms and conditions of our collaboration which includes the terms of payment, cancellation or failure to deliver on promised services.
Via Transylvania Tours has been featured in the National Geographic Traveler Romania magazine in December 2012 when one of our tours was ranked second among their top tours of Transylvania.
We have also been featured in the Transylvania Bradt travel guide (page 56) and for 10’ on TVR, the public national TV.
For our tours we have received consistent positive feedback, here are some of them:
John and Doreen from Vancouver, Canada: "Daniel from Via Transylvania Tours had tailor-made a ten day tour of the Maramures and Bucovina area. The tour would include highlight visits to many UNESCO wooden churches, a steam train ride into the picturesque Vaser Valley, the painted monasteries of Bucovina plus excellent accommodations. Many very special opportunities arose through Daniel's slick planning, one a traditional wedding and another a sheep milk measurement traditional event.
Again thanks for a fantastic time and it will most certainly be one of our all time outstanding tour adventures. Bar none! It did feel like family and a strong bond in such a brief time frame. Wow!"
Chris from Belgium: "I had a wonderful time in Romania and enjoyed the beauty of the country but especially the people with whom I had amazing meetings, which I won't forget.
The services of Via Transylvanian Tours were excellent, from the welcoming at the airport, to the drop off at the bus station. I loved the pension, the hospitality of the host and the food.
Sarah and Max from Berlin, Germany: "The tour and photography workshop was just great!!! We enjoyed it a lot, met kind people, made great photos and saw interesting spots! Exciting country! Great tour, from the beginning to the end! Thanks a lot and see you next time maybe in Danube Delta!” PS: Sarah even celebrated her birthday with us :)
2013 © Via Transylvania Tours